Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Granite Run Mall Closing

Thanks

Granite Run Mall Closing

Anyone else hear the rumors about the Granite Run Mall and it closing down?

Anyone know if there is any truth behind it?

I've been hearing it a few times recently and it seems to be growing some feet.

Thanks

Re: Granite Run Mall Closing

Quote Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post

Where is the Granite Run Mall??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AngelFace View Post
    Where is the Granite Run Mall??
    Right outside of Media, PA. on Route 1 in Delaware County. It's been going downhill for a long time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post

Some misspent youth there, I tell ya.

ETA: Is that Franklin Mint development still on track? Does that business just move down the road?

And what ends up on the GRM site?
    Last edited by runutz; 01-20-2011 at 01:02 PM.

**Duty Now For The Future**

Thanks

I have heard many rumors over the past few weeks. There are a number of stores closing, Victoria Secret - New york n Co. - Hot Topics - the furniture store - Pac Sun - the Toys r us express is gone already. Its a sad place to go anymore, even the kids are bored with it.

Supposedly, I say that cause no one knows for sure, Main Line health[Riddle hosp] Bought the property. The anchor stores all have leases [Kohls, Sears, JcPennys, Boscovs] and will remain open until their leases are up. McDonalds, The riddle ale house, the bank, ACME and License center own their property and won't be closed. This is the rumor I heard. Truth to it??? I don't know....time will tell
    If you can't say anything nice, say nothing at all.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day...
    tomorrow is not looking
    good for you either.

Thanks

I'll be honest with you....I thought that mall would have been closed almost 15 years ago. It was small and didn't have any really great anchor stores. I'm pretty surprised it's still open!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BeingReal View Post
    I'll be honest with you....I thought that mall would have been closed almost 15 years ago. It was small and didn't have any really great anchor stores. I'm pretty surprised it's still open!
    You just depressed any Sears, JCPenney, and Boscov's people who might read this....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JC01 View Post
    You just depressed any Sears, JCPenney, and Boscov's people who might read this....
    I think Sears and Penney's have been there that long, but I don't think Boscov's has. IMO, Boscov's is going a bit downhill. Then again, BonTon isn't that far behind.

Thanks

I think Sears and Penney's have been there that long, but I don't think Boscov's has. IMO, Boscov's is going a bit downhill. Then again, BonTon isn't that far behind.
    I guess Park City is next then.
    "If you like to make love while listening to music,
    always choose a live album. That way you'll get an applause every 3 to 4 minutes
    ."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by copperpot View Post
    I guess Park City is next then.
    I hope that Park City has enough other in demand stores that would keep drawing people to shop there. My suspicion is that the Berkshire Mall would go long before Park City; it's much smaller and only has Boscov's, BonTon and Sears as it's anchor stores. Plus there's increased competition from the new shopping plaza down in Exeter, as well as other shopping plazas in the Wyomissing area (the shopping plaza with Target and Babies R Us, as well as the new Shoppes at Wyomissing). If BonTon ever files for bankruptcy (there were some rumors last year), I could see that really impacting Berkshire Mall more than Park City.

Thanks

Does anyone remember the original 3rd anchor store? Was is Gimbels? I think it was. Then something else, then it was empty for a few years (they set up a Winter Wonderland display in there during the holidays at least one year), then Boscov's came. I moved to Philly for five years, then Delaware for two years and missed some of the history.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rigel67 View Post
    Does anyone remember the original 3rd anchor store? Was is Gimbels? I think it was. Then something else, then it was empty for a few years (they set up a Winter Wonderland display in there during the holidays at least one year), then Boscov's came. I moved to Philly for five years, then Delaware for two years and missed some of the history.
    The original was Gimbels. Not sure about what followed it unless it was Sterns?.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JC01 View Post
    The original was Gimbels. Not sure about what followed it unless it was Sterns?.
    Thank you - I believe it was. So the sequence was:

1. Gimbels
    2. Sterns
    3. Boscov's

Was there something else there for a very short time? Something that started with an "H" maybe? Seems like there was a very short-lived store there for perhaps a year, but perhaps I am confusing it with something else.

Thanks

1. Gimbels
    2. Sterns
    3. Boscov's

Was there something else there for a very short time? Something that started with an "H" maybe? Seems like there was a very short-lived store there for perhaps a year, but perhaps I am confusing it with something else.
    Was it a Hess's at one point? If so, it would not have been for a long time.

Thanks

1. Gimbels
    2. Sterns
    3. Boscov's

Maybe Hecht's? It would likely have occurred between Sterns and Boscov's.

Thanks

I'm new to the area and I love Boscov's. Sorry to hear this is a possibility

Thanks

They say that online stores are taking the place of Malls, but I don't get that.

How do you buy shoes without trying them on???

How do you buy clothes without trying them on? It's not as if the sizes are standardized!

Shipping is expensive, and if you have to send things back, you have just paid out $15. for the privilege of trying on clothes you aren't going to keep!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AngelFace View Post
    They say that online stores are taking the place of Malls, but I don't get that.

How do you buy shoes without trying them on???

How do you buy clothes without trying them on? It's not as if the sizes are standardized!

Shipping is expensive, and if you have to send things back, you have just paid out $15. for the privilege of trying on clothes you aren't going to keep!
    If you shop from the same company, you know their sizes. I get clothing from Land's End, but I know how their sizes run, so it's not a problem for me.

I got shoes online once (not Land's End). Big mistake.
    "Abe Lincoln had a brighter future when he picked up the tickets at the box ​office!" Frasier

Thanks

Welcome to the site Secondstater, glad your here. There are so many rumors going around about this, I don't know what to believe. A friend works for pennys and she has been asking around out there and no one knows anything.
    If you can't say anything nice, say nothing at all.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day...
    tomorrow is not looking
    good for you either.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kamma70 View Post
    Welcome to the site Secondstater, glad your here. There are so many rumors going around about this, I don't know what to believe. A friend works for pennys and she has been asking around out there and no one knows anything.
    I was at the mall last weekend. I was in three stores and asked the store managers about it. The stories were fairly consistent in that as tenant's leases come up for renewal, they are being told that the lease cannot be renewed, and that is why quite a number of stores have already closed up shop. They also believed that the mall property was being purchased by Mainline health, the operators of Riddle Memorial Hospital.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast