Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Where is Brandywine Peace Community on Obama?

Thanks

Re: Where is Brandywine Peace Community on Obama?

I'll put it to you this way. Here is my beef with Brandywine Peace Community. They operate on a double standard. Most Liberal groups do.

The two specific things that BPC protests the most in addition to war is 1. The use of drones 2. Lockeed Martin Corp. They make a big deal out of this. They do very open and public demonstrations in front of the offices of congressmen and Lockheed Martin.

Yet, the main number one person responsible for the use of drones and our military for the past 6 years has been Barack Obama. In fact, the use of drones has INCREASED under Obama's watch. The President, The Commander in Chief, the number one guy who runs the Pentagon and military gets scant mention at BPC protests. BPC will protest all day long in from of a Congressman's office. They will protest a private corporation like Lockheed Martin. Obama gets very little, or only passing mention from this group. Nowhere near the attachment BPC gave to George Bush, Curt Weldon, or John McCain.

When I start to see BPC attach the use of drones directly and specifically to Barack Obama, and I mean in a BIG way! The man who is the most responsible for the use of drones. The same way BPC attached war to GWB and John McCain? Then, I might start to listen to what they have to say. Right now, I think they are just a bunch of people who are blowing hot air and lip service.

Seriously! If BPC is going to go as far to demonstrate at Lockheed Martin Corp. and get arrested for trespassing. Should they not protest Barack Obama the same way? Sure! Lockheed Martin manufactures drones. Should not the Commander in Chief who USES the drones be held accountable? After all, there would be no market for drones if Obama wasn't using them so much.

When is BPC going to start attaching the use of drones DIRECTLY and PRIMARILY to Barack Obama?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pachyderm For This Useful Post:

Nativeson (09-28-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by contir View Post
    I could respond to your last post but I donít think itís worth the time to explain the reason for why that protest happened the way it did (according to the headline you cite.) Over and over again Iíve answered your questions. Iíve told you about Brandywine. You don't tell me your ideas. All you do is attack my answers. I have been responding to your posts because I was hoping we could have a free exchange of political ideas. I think I have an open mind and I usually learn a lot from people who have different political viewpoints than mine. So far, I havenít learned anything from you. If you ever want to have a real discussion about politics, Iím in. Otherwise, Iím done.
    I just recently found some more info relevant to the discussion. One of the biggest protests of BPC is Lockheed Martin. FYI Lockheed Martin donates about 26 Million a year to charity. Half of which goes to education. Lockheed Martin also has a woman for a CEO. Isn't this a "war on women"?

Also, BPC wants to close Club Gitmo. How is that working out?

In addition, one of the two co-founders of BPC (Robert Smith) was a draft dodger during the Viet Nam War.

Now we know why Obama has such a hard time figuring out how to deal with ISIS and defending this country. You can see who his voting base is.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pachyderm For This Useful Post:

DiamondLil (10-13-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by contir View Post
    Yes Brandywine did support Occupy, but so what?
    The Occupy movement has been involved in the riots in Ferguson. Doesn't look very "peaceful" to me!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,066 Times in 807 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pachyderm View Post
    The Occupy movement has been involved in the riots in Ferguson. Doesn't look very "peaceful" to me!
    Riots rarely are peaceful
    When guns are outlawed - I'll be an outlaw!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,285 Times in 959 Posts

Based on what Democrats have been saying, I just assumed it was a TEA party rally.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234