Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where is Brandywine Peace Community on Obama?

Thanks

Re: Where is Brandywine Peace Community on Obama?

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondLil View Post
    Since you chose to show up here, why don't you tell us what YOU think?
    Brandywine is not a group which takes positions on things just because they are in the headlines. It's not a group at all. It really is a very informal "community" of people who think for themselves. This "community" is made up of the people who show up at events. I have attended numerous Brandywine events and often had conversations with others who were attending. Many of these people have made very thoughtful and well-reasoned comments on current events. That's why I invited you to come to an event and ask any questions you want. You might enjoy the discussions. You can find a calendar of upcoming events at the Brandywine website.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,760 Times in 1,915 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by contir View Post
    Brandywine is not a group which takes positions on things just because they are in the headlines. It's not a group at all. It really is a very informal "community" of people who think for themselves. This "community" is made up of the people who show up at events. I have attended numerous Brandywine events and often had conversations with others who were attending. Many of these people have made very thoughtful and well-reasoned comments on current events. That's why I invited you to come to an event and ask any questions you want. You might enjoy the discussions. You can find a calendar of upcoming events at the Brandywine website.
    Nice dodge.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DiamondLil For This Useful Post:

Brian Entwistle (09-20-2014),justlooking (09-19-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pachyderm View Post
    Translation: I don't have the answer or the courage to tackle this question in this forum.
    I would contend that your assessment is spot on!
    “Go to heaven for the climate and hell for the company.”

Thanks

Oh how nice! Why don't you tell everybody how you fully support the occupy movement. Also, why don't you tell us how your "thoughtful and well-reasoned" members get arrested for trespassing on Lockheed Martin's property. The corporation you protest because they build weapons systems for the US military:

Thanks

Oh how nice! Why don't you tell everybody how you fully support the occupy movement. Also, why don't you tell us how your "thoughtful and well-reasoned" members get arrested for trespassing on Lockheed Martin's property. The corporation you protest because they build weapons systems for the US military:

I don't have to tell people about Brandywine. You just did. If anybody wants to learn more they can visit the website.
    Have a nice day.

Thanks

I don't have to tell people about Brandywine. You just did. If anybody wants to learn more they can visit the website.
    Have a nice day.
    Oh! I see! Brandywine's mission is to drive corporations like Lockheed Martin out of business so the US military does not have weapons to defend the United States against terrorists like ISIS. The goal of BPC is not only to undermine Lockheed Martin, but to undermine the US military also. Sounds like a plan!

Let's go on to another question for the Brandywine Peace Community. How do they feel about Obama's refusal to secure our southern border with Mexico? Where human trafficking happens daily. Where women pay the price of rape everyday to cross into the US. After all, the Brandywine Peace Community is certainly against human trafficking and violence against women. Is it not?

Thanks

It really is a very informal "community" of people who think for themselves.
    Wow. You're certainly talking to the enemy!
    Oskar Schindler was a fucking Nazi.

Thanks

Oh! I see! Brandywine's mission is to drive corporations like Lockheed Martin out of business so the US military does not have weapons to defend the United States against terrorists like ISIS. The goal of BPC is not only to undermine Lockheed Martin, but to undermine the US military also. Sounds like a plan!

Let's go on to another question for the Brandywine Peace Community. How do they feel about Obama's refusal to secure our southern border with Mexico? Where human trafficking happens daily. Where women pay the price of rape everyday to cross into the US. After all, the Brandywine Peace Community is certainly against human trafficking and violence against women. Is it not?
    I tried to explain what Brandywine is back a few days ago: "Brandywine is not a group which takes positions on things just because they are in the headlines." You can ask whatever questions you want but doing so is pointless because there is no one to give you the kind of answers you're demanding. I certainly don't speak for Brandywine. I was trying to be nice and explain what I know about Brandywine but if you don't like my answers there's really no point in continuing this exchange. I have better things to do than waste my time in this forum. Take care. Have a nice day.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,203 Times in 760 Posts

I tried to explain what Brandywine is back a few days ago: "Brandywine is not a group which takes positions on things just because they are in the headlines." You can ask whatever questions you want but doing so is pointless because there is no one to give you the kind of answers you're demanding. I certainly don't speak for Brandywine. I was trying to be nice and explain what I know about Brandywine but if you don't like my answers there's really no point in continuing this exchange. I have better things to do than waste my time in this forum. Take care. Have a nice day.
    Translation, don't you people know it is virtually impossible for a progressive liberal to answer direct questions? It is obvious you people cannot be baffled with the usual liberal-speak, therefore I'm giving notice I have retrieved my ball and I am homeward bound.

Brian
    If you could reason with Liberals there wouldn't be any.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brian Entwistle For This Useful Post:

justlooking (09-22-2014),Pachyderm (09-22-2014)

Thanks

I tried to explain what Brandywine is back a few days ago: "Brandywine is not a group which takes positions on things just because they are in the headlines."
    This actually isn't true and it's a false statement and you know it is! BPC is an anti war group that has demanded the IMMEDIATE and total withdrawal of US troop from Iraq and Afghanistan. Also, BPC has actively supported the occupy movement, and campaigned for Obama's election. These are things all in the headlines.
    Last edited by Pachyderm; 09-23-2014 at 06:56 AM.

Thanks

This actually isn't true and it's a false statement and you know it is! BPC is an anti war group that has demanded the IMMEDIATE and total withdrawal of US troop from Iraq and Afghanistan. Also, BPC has actively supported the occupy movement, and campaigned for Obama's election. These are things all in the headlines.
    You are correct on 2 of your 3 assertions. Brandywine has always been an anti-war group. Iraq and Afghanistan are wars, therefore Brandywine opposes them. Yes Brandywine did support Occupy, but so what? Lots of other people and groups did, too. It's no big deal. But Brandywine has NEVER campaigned for Obama or any other politician, despite numerous requests from campaigns to use Brandywine's mailing list. The answer is always no. I'd like to see the headlines you refer to about supporting Obama.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,066 Times in 807 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondLil View Post
    Since you chose to show up here, why don't you tell us what YOU think?
    She has to wait till she gets her talking points sorted out.
    When guns are outlawed - I'll be an outlaw!

Thanks

You are correct on 2 of your 3 assertions. Brandywine has always been an anti-war group. Iraq and Afghanistan are wars, therefore Brandywine opposes them. Yes Brandywine did support Occupy, but so what? Lots of other people and groups did, too. It's no big deal. But Brandywine has NEVER campaigned for Obama or any other politician, despite numerous requests from campaigns to use Brandywine's mailing list. The answer is always no. I'd like to see the headlines you refer to about supporting Obama.
    The following is an excerpt from the Delaware County Daily Times 9/22/08:

MEDIA - Republican White House hopefuls Sen. John McCain, of Arizona, and Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin may have come to Delaware County Monday afternoon to energize their own base, but they sure managed to do a good job of exciting their opponents' supporters, as well.

"No more of the same! Bush, war and McCain!" chanted a group with the Brandywine Peace Community, as GOP voters dressed in red lined up to enter the rally.
    Last edited by Pachyderm; 09-23-2014 at 10:29 PM.

Thanks

Yes Brandywine did support Occupy, but so what? Lots of other people and groups did, too. It's no big deal.
    Well Gee! Does BPC support the TEA Party movement? I'm betting they don't. Do I have that about right?

Thanks

The following is an excerpt from the Delaware County Daily Times 9/22/08:

MEDIA - Republican White House hopefuls Sen. John McCain, of Arizona, and Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin may have come to Delaware County Monday afternoon to energize their own base, but they sure managed to do a good job of exciting their opponents' supporters, as well.

"No more of the same! Bush, war and McCain!" chanted a group with the Brandywine Peace Community, as GOP voters dressed in red lined up to enter the rally.
    I could respond to your last post but I don’t think it’s worth the time to explain the reason for why that protest happened the way it did (according to the headline you cite.) Over and over again I’ve answered your questions. I’ve told you about Brandywine. You don't tell me your ideas. All you do is attack my answers. I have been responding to your posts because I was hoping we could have a free exchange of political ideas. I think I have an open mind and I usually learn a lot from people who have different political viewpoints than mine. So far, I haven’t learned anything from you. If you ever want to have a real discussion about politics, I’m in. Otherwise, I’m done.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,760 Times in 1,915 Posts

They need to put on a costume and join the Code Pinko clowns.

America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

19. The Following User Says Thank You to DiamondLil For This Useful Post:

justlooking (09-27-2014)

Thanks

I could respond to your last post but I don’t think it’s worth the time to explain the reason for why that protest happened the way it did (according to the headline you cite.) Over and over again I’ve answered your questions. I’ve told you about Brandywine. You don't tell me your ideas. All you do is attack my answers. I have been responding to your posts because I was hoping we could have a free exchange of political ideas. I think I have an open mind and I usually learn a lot from people who have different political viewpoints than mine. So far, I haven’t learned anything from you. If you ever want to have a real discussion about politics, I’m in. Otherwise, I’m done.
    You haven't answered anything. The only thing you have responded with so far are red herrings.

My questions posted in the forum about BPC are rhetorical. I already know what BPC is all about.

Thanks

It must be particularly painful and downright embarrassing for Liberal organizations like BPC to be forced to confront the realization that the President they support has turned into "Barack the Bomber."

Brian

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Brian Entwistle For This Useful Post:

justlooking (09-27-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Entwistle View Post
    It must be particularly painful and downright embarrassing for Liberal organizations like BPC to be forced to confront the realization that the President they support has turned into "Barack the Bomber."

Brian
    I can answer this for you. I know Liberals like the back of my hand. After all, I used to be one! I can speak from personal experience.

Don't you know this is all the fault of the war monger GWB? The innocent Barack Obama was thrust into this situation to clean up a mess left behind by GWB. The reason terrorsits around the world hate us is because of the actions of war mongers like George W. Bush, Republican hate mongers, and evil Capitalists like Lockheed Martin Corp. It's because of these evil, rich, mean spirited hateful people and the policies they spread through the world that terrorists hate us and want to kill us! See, it's acually OUR fault! The US brought this on itself with those hate monger Republicans we put in office. Barack Obama is an innocent who INHERITED the mess. So he gets a free pass to bomb. As a "necessary evil" to fix everything that has been broken.

See how this works?

Besides, even if BPC individual members disagreed with Obama, they will keep it to themselves. They will NEVER go against a black President, or attach any negativity to him. It goes against their ideology as a group. None of them will have enough spine to criticize a black President for fear of being labeled a racist.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pachyderm For This Useful Post:

Brian Entwistle (09-28-2014),justlooking (09-27-2014)

Thanks

The reality is that people's expectations of President Obama has always been greater than what he is capable of achieving.

Brian

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast