Thread: I'm Finding Pennies - What's it mean?

Thanks

I'm Finding Pennies - What's it mean?

I try to take a walk everyday when I am at work. I find it helps clear my mind and gives me a little charge to complete other tasks.

It seems that no matter where I walk, if it is at home, at work, travelling for work, etc... I am finding change, mostly pennies but occasionally nickels, dimes and quarters.

So why am I finding the change? I would think that by walking the same path around my home or around work I would not keep finding the change. Shouldn't I have found all the lost change by now? But still every day or every other day I am finding a penny here or a penny there. A day does not go by without finding one while out on a walk.

So what is it? I have heard stories about pennies from heaven or pennies from deceased loved ones or guardian angels but is it really that or am I just lucky or fortunate?

I am not complaining. money is money and these days every little bit helps.

I, like many others, collect my loose change and put it into a big container. Once a year I empty it for my vacation to Chincoteague. I only get about $200 but still, that is my play money for a meal or ice cream or minature golf.

Thanks

Re: I'm Finding Pennies - What's it mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
    I try to take a walk everyday when I am at work. I find it helps clear my mind and gives me a little charge to complete other tasks.

It seems that no matter where I walk, if it is at home, at work, travelling for work, etc... I am finding change, mostly pennies but occasionally nickels, dimes and quarters.

So why am I finding the change? I would think that by walking the same path around my home or around work I would not keep finding the change. Shouldn't I have found all the lost change by now? But still every day or every other day I am finding a penny here or a penny there. A day does not go by without finding one while out on a walk.

So what is it? I have heard stories about pennies from heaven or pennies from deceased loved ones or guardian angels but is it really that or am I just lucky or fortunate?

I am not complaining. money is money and these days every little bit helps.

I, like many others, collect my loose change and put it into a big container. Once a year I empty it for my vacation to Chincoteague. I only get about $200 but still, that is my play money for a meal or ice cream or minature golf.

the only thing that I remember as a child is....see a penny pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck but I wonder if it only applies to finding it on heads. we save our change too GL. we keep it in any empty 5 gallon water jug. we cash it in for special events and have had some decent spending money.
    We lived in NYC for a while and went back for a visit. while walking around I couldn't figure out why my back was hurting me so. my daughter carried my purse for a while and kept telling me how heavy it felt. the next day I decided to cash in the change and had 76 dollars worth of change! now I empty my change out weekly.
    "When my kids became wild and unruly I used a nice safe playpen. When they were finished, I climbed out."

Thanks

Hole in your pocket?
    Wife throwing them out there so you can find them?

Seriously, pennies from heaven!!! My daughter and my grandmother use to have a thing about pennies, they saved them to show each other. Had cards with pennies taped to them. When my grandmother passed away, Daughter found pennies everywhere, including on her pillow, for months. Even to this day, 5 yrs later, she still finds pennies in the oddest places.
    If you can't say anything nice, say nothing at all.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day...
    tomorrow is not looking
    good for you either.

Thanks

I like to walk at work when the weather is nice. I've been walking for approximately 2 1/2 years and rarely find any change when I walk. I think you are finding pennies from heaven GL.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by livinpa View Post
    the only thing that I remember as a child is....see a penny pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck but I wonder if it only applies to finding it on heads. we save our change too GL. we keep it in any empty 5 gallon water jug. we cash it in for special events and have had some decent spending money.
    We lived in NYC for a while and went back for a visit. while walking around I couldn't figure out why my back was hurting me so. my daughter carried my purse for a while and kept telling me how heavy it felt. the next day I decided to cash in the change and had 76 dollars worth of change! now I empty my change out weekly.
    we keep it in any empty 5 gallon water jug

You can't keep anything in anything that is empty, because once you put something in it, it no longer is empty!

Just yanking yer chain.

I keep quarter in one bag, nickels and dimes in another and pennies in yet another.

Thanks

I try to take a walk everyday when I am at work.
    Maybe you should take a different route.

fashion-fail-baby-got-too-much-back-for-that.jpg
    "If you like to make love while listening to music,
    always choose a live album. That way you'll get an applause every 3 to 4 minutes
    ."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grieker View Post
    we keep it in any empty 5 gallon water jug

You can't keep anything in anything that is empty, because once you put something in it, it no longer is empty!

Just yanking yer chain.

I keep quarter in one bag, nickels and dimes in another and pennies in yet another.
    Artist son is house painter when times are lean. Drops his change in an empty paint can. Couldn't lift it when it was filled!! ;-)

We save quarters for parking meters ... bane of my existence ...

Thanks

I have been known to follow the occasional trail of bread crumbs.

**Duty Now For The Future**

Thanks
    Thanked 2,641 Times in 1,830 Posts

So why am I finding the change? I would think that by walking the same path around my home or around work I would not keep finding the change. Shouldn't I have found all the lost change by now? But still every day or every other day I am finding a penny here or a penny there.
    That sounds like my washer. Every week, there it is again.

Thanks

Always find change. Always throw my change in a 5 gallon water jug. Bought a $500 hood for my Camaro with the change out of that jug once.

I also keep a bowl by the front door. This is the "grow the money tree" bowl. Superstition - Planted a quarter, nickel, dime and penny from the bowl, and every day, as I walk in my door, I throw some change in the bowl... It is supposed to bring financial security. It has worked so far....
    Life has no remote. Get up and change it yourself.

Thanks

just got done a walk around work and got a quarter and 6 pennies

Thanks

All I can say is that you are one lucky dude!
    Do you have alot of relatives in heaven??

Thanks

Damn, that's more than I make in a week.
    Maybe I should just close up shop and walk around town.
    "If you like to make love while listening to music,
    always choose a live album. That way you'll get an applause every 3 to 4 minutes
    ."

Thanks

I find change constantly when I'm out walking. It seems the local hood rats appear to toss the pennies they receive as change from the local corner store. I've never considered the change as pennies from heaven, I view it as a tax rebate because most are on welfare or have some 'other' means of obtaining spending money.

My best score was when walking my dog up the street was finding $70.00 on the curb. At first I though it was one of those Jehovah witness fliers that looked like a $20 bill. I picked it up expecting as such, but no... it was a 20 with a 50 folded inside. There was no one around, so it was mine. I've also found 10's and 20's in the same area.
    ---------------------------

"La madre degli idioti č sempre incinta."

Fiant dies ejus pauci nisl ut loco eius accipiat alter

Thanks

Lincoln Cent Values

1909-S VDB $450 One of the most popular of all coins.
    1914-D $115
    1922 Plain $500 exact mintage unknown

Find any one of these in your group of old coins and you have discovered a valuable part of history. Despite the high odds against finding a rare classic. By knowing which are the truly rare coins, the odds are, one will never slip past you.

Thanks

Pennies from heaven. Somebody is sending you a message.
    “Our culture has accepted two huge lies. The first is that if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle, you must fear or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don’t have to compromise convictions to be compassionate.” - Rick Warren