Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Woman's body found hanging from tree..............

Thanks

Re: Woman's body found hanging from tree..............

Quote Originally Posted by prettylight View Post
    All respect to those who reported on this and the work they've done, but was kind of frustrated to read a substantial Lancaster Newspapers article about this, that seemed absolutely certain these two hangings were suicides. Read it quickly and might have missed something, but the overall impression was that they didn't even acknowledge the possibility that these might not be suicides.

It appears that to a number of us, though, it seems like there is that possibility.
    I think Booth needs to send both bodies to The Jeffersonian and have Cam and Hodgins take a look at them and the "trace".

2. The Following User Says Thank You to treehugger For This Useful Post:

prettylight (04-05-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robotspyder View Post
    Copycat?
    Always a possibility.

But how many women know what weight of rope would hold their weight, or how to tie the knots needed to do the job? And I am still bothered by the climb the tree and no ladder mentioned thing.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to treehugger For This Useful Post:

crazycatwoman (04-05-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by treehugger View Post
    Always a possibility.

But how many women know what weight of rope would hold their weight, or how to tie the knots needed to do the job? And I am still bothered by the climb the tree and no ladder mentioned thing.
    A neighbor used cable to hang himself from a tree at the bottom of my drive. By the time cops got there, the cable and knots had slipped so much that he appeared to be kneeling on his knees. He sure as heck didn't climb 25 feet. And he was mid 20's. I'm 50, and in pretty good shape for my age. I couldn't climb 25 feet up a tree.
    “Our culture has accepted two huge lies. The first is that if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle, you must fear or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don’t have to compromise convictions to be compassionate.” - Rick Warren

Thanks

Always a possibility.

Becky? If so done posting on this thread.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Makita For This Useful Post:

Nativeson (04-05-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,251 Times in 1,028 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Just taking a page from the play book so eloquently written by a few of you here. Think about that the next time you make a post or thread that belittles someone because of race.
    Nope you are playing the race card off the bottom of the deck all by yourself...

A True America Hero

Thanks

There was one last week in Elizabethtown.

Coincidence?
    Unusual certainly....

A True America Hero

Thanks

http://lancasteronline.com/article/l...thin-week.html

Report now says both women were 50 years old. Calls it "unusual coincidence". First woman was 25 ft. up.
    The 25ft up is the unusual part....still it is very very difficult to stage a crime scene, and even if someone was so inclined this would be one of the worse ways to attempt it.

A True America Hero

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Makita View Post
    Agree this is not the method a woman would choose. Also don't think a woman would kill herself in such a public place as both women died.
    It is not unheard of by any means but two in such a short time span is unusual. Without reading the police/coroners reports they may not even be similar beyond method.

A True America Hero

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    That's true, but again, look at the data about how women commit/attempt to commit suicide.

Just from my own observation after working several years on a psych unit and in the ED, women don't generally choose hanging as a method of suicide. I saw lots of ODs, wrist cuttings, CO2 poisonings. Probably hundreds of women, and only one who hung herself, and that was after she'd tried other methods that hadn't succeeded. She also did not hang herself far up in a tree in a public place. Just sayin'.
    I have seen a few suicides in my day as well, I agree it isn't the norm.....OD's.....CO2 are both very common, more violent means are more rare but do happen. With OD's sometimes they are accidental and ruled suicide the reverse is also true. As to hanging many "hanging suicides " involving young males are in fact accidental auto erotic activities gone bad. I was talking to a LEO friend the other day and he related that the news and rumor mill about the E-town suicide had almost all the facts wrong...he didnt elaborate.....

A True America Hero

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Martin Riggs For This Useful Post:

prettylight (04-05-2012)

Thanks

REPREHENSIBLE &

UNCONSCIONABLE!

Louise Ward (left) and Isabel Bortree. Both of these women, age 50, allegedly committed suicide within the past week by hanging from trees.
    Is the public entitled to any details? Were ladders used? What kind of rope? Did they leave suicide notes? Were drugs and/or alcohol involved? How did the coroner determine they were suicides before autopsies were performed?
    Yes, we are entitled to know. Cindy Stauffer, a reporter for the Lancaster Newspapers for over 25 years, wrote a reprehensible and unconscionable article this morning, “Second woman hangs herself in tree within week,” (click here). This is purposeful deception on multiple levels and it’s unacceptable.
    The duty of a newspaper is to inform the public and hold public officials accountable. Rumors are running rampant and there is fear in the community. Someone needs to provide answers – now!

Thanks

(This crazy "quick post" on the new format is a pain.)

The post above is from a site called lipnews.com

Looks like the Becky who Makita was probably referring to is going to run with this story.

I am not Becky.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to treehugger For This Useful Post:

prettylight (04-05-2012)

Thanks

(This crazy "quick post" on the new format is a pain.)

The post above is from a site called lipnews.com

Looks like the Becky who Makita was probably referring to is going to run with this story.

I am not Becky.
    Following PM from treehugger to me.

Treehugger is not Becky.

Your question almost kept me from posting that clip from her website though, as I have no desire to be confused in any way with her and her incest obsession. But this is too important a story no to direct people's attention to lip, since LNP and WGAL are apparently not interested in following this.

I am a genuine back to nature, save the environment, treehugging, animal loving save the earther. If that makes us sworn enemies, so be it. But if you are a pollution loving anti-EPA capitalist who hates clean water and clean air regulation, you and I will cross swords at some point.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,073 Times in 819 Posts

Following PM from treehugger to me.
    But if you are a pollution loving anti-EPA capitalist who hates clean water and clean air regulation, you and I will cross swords at some point.
    I think this is treehugger's way of saying you will never cross swords. Makita, you don't love pollution and hate clean water and clean air regulation.

Thanks

I think this is treehugger's way of saying you will never cross swords. Makita, you don't love pollution and hate clean water and clean air regulation.
    Pretty wish that was so. Look at the sworn enemies so be it.

Thanks

And paranoia is alive and well.

Good Lord.

So much for my lame attempt at humor and trying to lighten things up.

I swear. I am a hugger.

Thanks

Hey, pretty lady, you can tell me. Just between you and me. Are you and me and reese the only sane people on this crazy board?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,285 Times in 959 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Riggs View Post
    As to hanging many "hanging suicides " involving young males are in fact accidental auto erotic activities gone bad.
    Auto erotic... I like that.

Thanks

If you want to sing the glories of corporate pollution, and how abused you are as a capitalist by EPA regulations, would you please start another thread? And I swear I will avoid you like the plague. And Riggs and Brian E. will love you to pieces.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,285 Times in 959 Posts

Militant, aye?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,073 Times in 819 Posts

Hey, pretty lady, you can tell me. Just between you and me. Are you and me and reese the only sane people on this crazy board?
    It's just a misunderstanding. With essentially well-meaning people, those can eventually be overcome, although sometimes it takes a while.

I had plenty of misunderstandings with people when I was new. They were very upsetting, too. Sometimes it takes a while for posters to understand where other posters are coming from, and realize they don't mean any harm. Some people understand that about each other much sooner than others, but you might be surprised at the good turns things can take, over time.

The person I fought with the most at the beginning was someone I grew to enjoy posting with immensely, someone who turned out to be a golden-hearted person, and great fun. I never saw that coming.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast