Thread: Politics in the work place?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,251 Times in 1,028 Posts

Politics in the work place?

Is there anything more annoying that someone who is constantly pontificating on their political views in the work place? You know the type it as if they are giving a sermon to a captive audience. Most people feel that certain things are not work appropriate. Is this one of those things? Is it more offensive if the person is in a position that makes it difficult to ask them to refrain ? My niece was telling me about some asshole at her place of employment who is Physician by trade and left wing political comentator by choice, sadly the politics of health care prevent a nurse from telling a doctor that their " views " are inappropriate and to STFU. Any thoughts?

A True America Hero

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Martin Riggs For This Useful Post:

Nativeson (08-10-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,066 Times in 807 Posts

Re: Politics in the work place?

Should not have "forced" discussions at the workplace nor in the government indoctrination centers.

Gentle discussions can be done in the workplace and occur everyday - at least where I am. When one becomes out of control then it is time to stop.

Same thing with religion - can be discussed rationally in the work place.
    When guns are outlawed - I'll be an outlaw!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,285 Times in 959 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Riggs View Post
    Is there anything more annoying that someone who is constantly pontificating on their political views in the work place? You know the type it as if they are giving a sermon to a captive audience. Most people feel that certain things are not work appropriate. Is this one of those things?
    I wouldn't shut it down. But if he opens that door, walk through it. Most lefties handle opposing points of view very badly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nativeson View Post
    I wouldn't shut it down. But if he opens that door, walk through it. Most lefties handle opposing points of view very badly.
    That is hard to do when they are the " management " in principal

A True America Hero

Thanks

The simple SOB can't seem to to contain himself even when asked to be more professional. The doofus is so wound up in his his " politics " he is on his phone all day posting to internet sites and passing his " wisdom " on in txt and email. That is very reassuring if you are the unfortunate soul being treated by " Ducky ".

A True America Hero