Thread: The forum is roaring back to life.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,251 Times in 1,028 Posts

The forum is roaring back to life.

Chase, you need to shake the place up a bit.

A True America Hero

Thanks

Re: The forum is roaring back to life.

what would you like me to do? im all ears.
    Delaware Online
    Delaware Weight Loss
    Still Lurking? Sign up now!! CLICK HERE

Thanks
    Thanked 1,203 Times in 760 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    what would you like me to do? im all ears.
    Perhaps you or whoever could drop by more often to take out the garbage. Assuming you or whoever still cares.

Brian
    If you could reason with Liberals there wouldn't be any.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,760 Times in 1,915 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Entwistle View Post
    Perhaps you or whoever could drop by more often to take out the garbage. Assuming you or whoever still cares.

Brian
    You said a mouth full with that one. It got very tiresome having the nazi lover constantly interrupting and trying to divert every thread by bashing the posters, etc. He ran roughshod over this forum. Then there are the malcontents who left in a huff for 'greener pastures', only to show up now and then to dump on the site and the posters. I had had enough of it. There was no swan song - only an idiot does so they can see people begging them not to leave. Those greener pastures aren't doing so well either. In fact, there isn't much going on on any local forums. It's an election year, and posters who want to speak freely are flocking to national forums.

What can be done? I sure don't have the answer. This was an active forum, so it might help to go back and check what happened to start the downhill slide. Consider the possibility that some bad decisions may have been made.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DiamondLil For This Useful Post:

Martin Riggs (01-28-2016)

Thanks

My two cents……….

It was not one person that ruined this forum. There were many contributing factors.

Let me start with a generalization and that is that forums in general are dying. There are very few localized forums like TPA that are succeeding and have large membership and content that is continuously posted.

I’ll take a huge part of the blame. I got busy and let things go. Personal life got in the way of things. I could have allowed the reigns to go to someone else but even then I was too busy to go to Chase and say someone else needs to step in.

Are there polarizing posters on this forum? Absolutely.

Are there antagonizers? Yes.

Are they are fault? Not really. I could do a better job managing them if I was around.

I have in the past listened to advice from many posters here. I would hear from you all that rules were too strict and I need to let up. So I did. You all were given the “Have at it” and you all did and then I received messages that I need to better control the rowdiness because suddenly you all could not police yourselves. It is tough trying to find that balance. But which is it? Have at it or get tighter with moderation?

I could spend a few days here and start posting things that are on my mind, like I support Trump, the snow storm this weekend, The Oscars and race, Star Wars movie, etc… I’ll create those threads and see what happens.

I’ve watched every debate both D and R’s for President. We could chat about that.

I am open to suggestions and will make more of an effort and see where it goes

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

max1 (01-27-2016)

Thanks

I composed my opinion yesterday and decided to sleep on it before posting. Upon reflection, any response is useless as long as this drug crap persists. They seem to own this site.

Brian

Thanks

Well that is spam, and I never noticed much until I just logged in, deleted like 7 of them. It's not that I don't care about TalkPA. I am very busy, my job has me busy, kids are growing up, life is just non stop right now. Facebook has killed the local forums, TalkDE is about dead too. This is just how things go. TalkPA and TalkDE both use TONS of resources on the server that I pay for, but I have kept them up, let them stay, paid for vBulletin license renewals when I literally get nothing in return from them.

My only real reason to keep them up, is so you guys have a place to talk. And I will keep them up as long as I can. Sorry I can't dedicate time to them, I am, but that is my life right now.
    Delaware Online
    Delaware Weight Loss

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chase For This Useful Post:

max1 (01-27-2016)

Thanks

Just give someone else the keys to nuke the spammers.
    While that crap is on here, there'll never be a resurgence.

Thanks

because of the site crashing i had to disable our anti-spam measures.

fyi, the site crashed because our server was upgraded to the latest php and mysql version that the old site did not support. when troubleshooting and upgrading the site, i disabled all extensions. this disabled our spam prevention.

i just re-enabled everything, this should help, i will keep an eye on it.
    Delaware Online
    Delaware Weight Loss

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Chase For This Useful Post:

Martin Riggs (02-08-2016)

Thanks

Cool, appreciate your efforts. Thanks.

Brian

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dowhatyoulike View Post
    Just give someone else the keys to nuke the spammers.
    While that crap is on here, there'll never be a resurgence.
    And who brings the crap? Progressive crybaby's are the worst offenders.

A True America Hero

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    My two cents……….

It was not one person that ruined this forum. There were many contributing factors.

Let me start with a generalization and that is that forums in general are dying. There are very few localized forums like TPA that are succeeding and have large membership and content that is continuously posted.

I’ll take a huge part of the blame. I got busy and let things go. Personal life got in the way of things. I could have allowed the reigns to go to someone else but even then I was too busy to go to Chase and say someone else needs to step in.

Are they are fault? Not really. I could do a better job managing them if I was around.

I have in the past listened to advice from many posters here. I would hear from you all that rules were too strict and I need to let up. So I did. You all were given the “Have at it” and you all did and then I received messages that I need to better control the rowdiness because suddenly you all could not police yourselves. It is tough trying to find that balance. But which is it? Have at it or get tighter with moderation?

I could spend a few days here and start posting things that are on my mind, like I support Trump, the snow storm this weekend, The Oscars and race, Star Wars movie, etc… I’ll create those threads and see what happens.

I’ve watched every debate both D and R’s for President. We could chat about that.

Lil was doing a great job posting threads. It wasn't the lack of material that was the proble.

A True America Hero

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    My two cents……….

Lil was doing a great job posting threads. It wasn't the lack of material that was the problem.

A True America Hero

Thanks

sorry for the downtime folks. had some bad crashes and did some damage control. cleared the server off and we SHOULD be ok now.
    Delaware Online
    Delaware Weight Loss

Thanks

test
    Delaware Online
    Delaware Weight Loss

Thanks

testing posting
    Delaware Online
    Delaware Weight Loss

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    testing posting
    Test response ☺️

A True America Hero

Thanks
    Thanked 1,066 Times in 807 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Riggs View Post
    Test response ☺️
    Test failed.
    When guns are outlawed - I'll be an outlaw!